View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 11:57 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Also ... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTrevecca View Post
Google search the difference between wiring your batteries "parallel" vs. "in series". Heck - Here is a quick link to save you the search. https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/arti...-tutorial.html

If you wire them up parallel, you could have 75 batteries in your boat if they would fit and it wouldn't hurt any of your electronics. Wiring nmultiple batteries together parallel doesn't increase your voltage. It's kind of like making 1 HUGE 12V battery if you wire it up that way. However, if you wire 2 or more 12V batteries in series, you'll damage all of your 12V electronics, including your trolling motor as each battery you add increases your overall voltage by an additional 12V. Putting 24,36,48 etc volts to your 12V electronics will ruin all of them.

Hope this helps!
JK is correct... Now, what he didn't say is when you run batteries in series (Like a flashlight) your' increasing your voltage by 12 VDC for every battery added but you are also reducing your amperage (staying power, opposite from parallel) .. I had a 24 VDC TM ... I ran four batteries.. two in series to achieve my 24 VDC and ran two more in series and then paralleled them for staying power .. I also ran three batteries in parallel for start/on board electrical and electronics/and a large bait tank .... 12 VDC....almost tripled my amperage ... <'TK><