View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:32 PM

Default Prayer for my daughter

I had one of the hardest days of my life two weeks ago. I put my daughter in a drug rehab place in Indiana. I hadn't seen much of my daughter over the last three years but when I did see her she was high on Meth, pot or pills. After just missing going to jail a couple of times, and being awake for a week at a time, she came home with the only true friend she has and asked for help. I got busy and found a place out of state that was free and would take her right away if she could stay clean for two weeks. I had to get her as far from her friends as possible because I know she would walk. Well she did fine until the day before we were to take her. She got high on meth. I called the rehab place and told them what had happened and they could hear the concern and heart break in my voice and after telling me to take her to detox, they agreed to see her in 4 days if she could stay clean. Again she did ok until the day before we were to get there. We left a day early so I could try to keep her clean. We got a room in a hotel less than an hour from the rehab. I had no idea that she had pot on her. She smoked two joints the day we got there including one 15 min. before our appointment. I new she had blown her chances. I caught her smoking one behind our van as we were getting ready to go. We had driven a long way so we decided to give it a try anyway. They took one look at her and said she couldn't stay. They told me to take her home. She started crying and then began to beg them to let her stay. They told her that they didn't think she had reached rock bottom. She again begged them to let her stay because she couldn't go back home. They made her pee in a cup and then asked her what they would find. She was honest and the test showed Meth and pot. They asked her if she would go to Nashville for detox and she said she would go. The last thing they asked her is if she would go before the other ladies. It wasn't fair to them that she comes to rehab high. She did that and then they let her stay. It's been two weeks and she is looking better already. Her face is healing up and she has a sparkle in her eyes again. She is a long way from rehabilitated but if she can stick it out she will be fine. She wasn't doing very well when we went to see her last Saturday. She asked over and over for us to take her home. We said no and told her to take it one day at a time. This is a 6 month program and I hope she stays the entire time, but she is already saying she can kick the drugs on her own and that she isn't staying the entire time. I hope you can say a prayer for her. She needs to let them help her. The first thing she has to realize is she can't do it on her own, but at the same time its all up to her. I pray to God that she stays and gets well. She needs a change of heart.