View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 PM
fineseman09

Default old hickory dam 02-19-11

ok guys, start out by saying it did not get as warm as they said it would today! lol! o well, still had to go. my trip today was a special one for me. me and my grandfather has been planning this trip for a couple months now. every since i caught those sauger back in jan, he has been wanting to go. to make it even better, i called my dad last night to see if he would like to go too. im glad he said yes! its been a long time since we all fished in the same boat, and i was excited bc it was my turn to put them on fish! the plan, was to sauger fish below old hickory dam. but plan b was to white bass and striper fish if the sauger didnt bite. plan c was to loc back through and go after some crappie on the lake side. well me and dad met paw paw at the bait shop to get minnows at 6:45. got to the ramp and loaded boat around 7:15. we locked through and started fishing around 7:45. water temp was 45.7 degrees. we started suager fishing all the spots and holes i new of and only managed to get 4 bites, with no fish. i could tell dad and paw paw was getting discourage, so i had to do something. it was now 10:00am and they havent even seen a fish. so i tell them we are going to plan b. so we make a little run to a spot that has been good to me, i tie baits on for both of them and bam! first cast for both of them, they brougt in some nice white bass! cast after cast they kept bringing them in. the smiles broke out and i was happy as can be. they were there and dad and paw paw was having a blast. we caught about 100 or more white bass, a dad caught a big carp and big drum. i decided to give paw paw a different bait and told him to fish off a drop for a striper bc the shad was so thick. and guys i couldn't believe it, he hung a big striper! it weighed 24 pounds on the scale i got, and its been a long time since i have seen him that happy! it took 10 mins to land him on 8lb test line. wow what a trip! the lord is good guys, a trip i will never forget! we called it day after that and headed in. it was 1:00pm when i loaded the boat up!

having problems with pics, coming soon.