Thread: Hybrids on JPP
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Went to jpp seven points last week. Got skunked big time. Not even a bite.

Went today at 6am. Absolutely no bites until 8 am, and then it picked up. Got 54 bluegill, 2 cats, 1 crappie, 1 LMB. Then changed the shiner on my line with a bluegill. In about 10 minutes, got a 24" 7.5 lb hybrid. It was fun catching the bluegills. Some were big (the ones from 8-12 ft) and others were not as big.
I was very close to Seven Points this morning at 6am. Got my first fish on downrigger at 6. Then while reeling him in I looked at the depth finder and realized I had landed right on top of them. Over the next half an hour, I caught 5 more on Redfin. They were sending subtle signals saying, "THROW THE REDFIN, THROW THE REDFIN". I had reeled in the downriggers, and just had the jigs downlining in rodholders off of the back of the boat, set at about 15-20', I picked up two on them while throwing the redfin. Then at about 9am when I was getting ready to go home, I made a downrigger pass through the area and hooked a Jumbo Hybrid, that took drag until he was firmly planted in some nearby standing timber. Great day on the water. Here are the couple that I kept.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JPP 5-12-12.JPG (124.0 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by StriperFan; 05-12-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: add info