View Single Post
Old 06-11-2023, 03:44 PM

Default What's going on ?

It's killing me to see this board go dormant like it is. Nothing posted in the last 30 days, so sad.

So I'm going to start blabbing and maybe someone else will join me.

I haven't done much fishing this year, went out and tried for some Walleye up around Cordell only to catch a couple hybrids (I think). Went catfishing a couple times only to catch one each time, but ended up releasing them at the ramp. No sense cleaning just one fish when it could stand to grow a couple pounds.

Sadly I having gone out for bass fishing yet this yr. Worse yet I haven't fished Center Hill this yr. I love this lake but I have not figured it out, even though I see guys posting their catch on FB and I know people are catching fish, I usually leave discouraged.

I have a fish story that will begin with... You ain't gonna believe this sh^t.

Now I've had my 175 since 1-2019 and I can get on the water 4-5 times between fill ups. I generally don't let it get below 1/2 tank just because. Sadly I admit I've only been out twice this yr.

I went fishing a couple days ago and this time I went down river (231 Ramp) instead of up. I think I was on the water a couple hours and decided I was going to head down a couple more miles when all of a sudden the boat /motor felt like I hit some debris... then again. I was like ok I'm not seeing anything, what's up with this when I just so happen to look and my gauge is showing "E". (Oh Hell).

In the few yrs of owning the boat I NEVER allowed it to get any lower than 1/3 tank. So I didn't know how accurate the gauge was or just how low it will pickup.

I'm thinking is it possible the gauge has gone bad ? then another sputter... Needless to say I did a quick U turn and headed back to the ramp praying I wouldn't run out of gas. Some how a miracle happened and I was able to make it the 5-6 miles and power it on the trailer. Headed straight to the nearest gas station that had real gas, 20.5 gals later...... I don't know how I didn't run out of gas as the tank only holds 21 gals.

Moral of the story, Never leave home without checking the gas gauge first.

You can start laughing now....

So there you have it... What has been going on with you ?