View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=Alphahawk;29224]I have one of those rods...the SLS-108 is a rod.....and I paid for it. It is well worth the money for what it is. It is a 9 foot float rod made from a 9' 6" fly rod blank....it has 14 guides to take the pressure off the line. The rod only weighs 3 ounces. I have a ball with it when I fish the Trout Magnet under the float. browntrout and tcintn also have that rod and hopefully will put in their two cents on it. If you fish for trout and want a good float rod I would say get it. That rod comes with some kind of guarantee if you break it they replace it for a minimal cost.

I have two of the 9' Trinity rods and love it for when I am using the TM under the float. I have used it when I went Steel Head fishing on Salmon River and it did the job getting big fish in.And that is with 2 lb test from TM called SOS.
On my trip to 8 different states out west where I fish some great rivers and streams,it did the job.I like the rod so much I had the man who makes them make me a fly rod out of them.
When he makes these rods he goes to great detail in making sure they are balanced.
You want go wrong with the rod.
The bet combo is that rod with the Stradic reel.