View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
Yup.. great guy. I met him at the golf course a few years ago when I first moved here and he's been great about inviting me on a fishing trip or duck hunt or dove hunt it whatever.

He actually called me last week when y'all went, but we were at the beach.

I'm itching to get up there and see what it's all about. Bought my first boat this year and have never fished Dale Hollow.

He showed me a couple of crappie spots on OH that helped me fill the freezer in the spring. Either he doesn't know how to bass fish it in the summer or he doesn't want to tell me where those spots are. Haha!

Fished OH from 4:30-5:30 yesterday evening and only caught 4 or 5. Only a couple of keepers!
He doesn't bass fish OH very much at all. He's eat up with smallmouth so he's usually going somewhere to fish for them. We don't get to fish together near as much as we should. I'd be happy to have you in the boat at DH, or you could bring your own boat and follow me around a little so you could waypoint a few things. It can be an intimidating lake but it patterns really well. I struggled on DH until I spent a few hours looking over the lake on my Navionics app on my phone. Once I got a good feel on reading a lake map those good summertime spots really started jumping out at me. The lake patterns so well that when I'm on a certain pattern I can look at the map and have complete confidence in running new water and know that fish will be there. Get with Ryan and you guys plan an afternoon that's not too hot or a night that works for you. My schedule is almost always open during the week.