Thread: curfew?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Owner and Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmull65 View Post
ive been wondering this for a while now but why is there a curfew to fish after a certain time at certain places the best time to fish is at night but not everyone will fish at night? probably a dumb question but im just wondering.
Great question... and you are right ... Night time is great especially for the Bass and other nocturnal feeders ... my Friend Dillon Mitchener and myself use to schedule our trips to Fla for night time bass in March ... and from the 70's we have caught a 6, 9, 11, 13, 14, and 15 pounder through 1984....

Night time fishing is not for the weak hearted ... Spring... be prepared to spend the night do to fog (can't find your way back to the ramp) or rain ... cold dampness etc ... Summertime isn't to bad but the sandman somehow arrives during the night ...

It boils down to not or when is the best time to catch fish but the creature comforts of the fisherman ... The best time to go night fishing is the week before and week after the full moon .. try not to use any unatural lighting except when you may have to retie a line ... adjust your eyes to the natural night light for casting and use your ears ... ... I threw a cast one night in Lake Russo and never heard it hit the water ... Courious I threw on the Mega candle power and saw where my worm had ended up in an Osprey nest ... Didn't know the tree was even there ??? ... <'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 04-05-2012 at 01:04 AM.