Thread: Opti-2
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 12:30 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Smoke !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANRAYG2 View Post
Thanks TK, I have had that question on my mind for years. I never think of looking up the answer while I'm on the computer.
While I am at this what is your opinion of a full synthetic TCW-3 vs a synthetic blend in a 1998 225 Evinrude. I was thinking it might reduce the smoke cloud that I get with a regular TCW-3 oil.
Alan, with the age of your Big Block Rue... I would Stay with with conventional outboard oil with TCW-3 ... SMOKE IS GOOD! in any two stroke ... When you see Smoke you, what you are seeing a full lube cycle of the internal parts of the bearings and bushings. Remember the fuel/oil goes through the crankcase to lubricate before it is burned in the cylinders. Now I have not had a lot of experience with 100% synthetic two stroke oil and I am sure it is good stuff. But engineered 2 stroke oil with a synthetic TCW-3 additive would be my choice in your 20 year old motor.
Now the 2 stroke cloud appears at start up and idling ... Now if the cloud bothers you I don't know that a 100% synthetic will correct what a 2 stroke does. SMOKE... WHICH IS GOOOOOD! .... Hope this helps ... <'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 01-12-2018 at 12:38 AM.