Thread: Ride 115 Kayak
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Thanks for the help....much appreciated. I have been on the phone for two days with Humminbird....Old Town.....and Ocean Kayak....which is same tech support as Old Town. There is no way that a side imaging transducer will fit in the Prowler II scupper mount. I asked the guy why they did not change it and he said that they had always used the XTH 9 20 P in the Prowler line of boats and it had worked well....but that transducer does not support si or di. So playing devils advocate I asked him why put a scupper mount on a boat very similar made by same company that can use the side imaging transducer...meaning the Predator 13....as si is really coming on fast and why would a guy not want an si unit in a Big Game Prowler II. His reply "You've got us there"....LOL. He said they should have and it will probably come in a later model year version down the road. I like both of those boats but the BG II weighs 16 pounds less than the Predator 13. I don't know if my repaired rotator cuffs can handle the extra weight of the Predator. I really don't want to mount that transducer over the side but may be forced to. No secret I am fat and can't lean as far forward as younger and slender guys to fold up my transducer arm before beaching kayak. Does your mounting setup get in the way of your paddle stroke? I guess that is something all of us have to find where our stroke is at on a boat. I have a Ram transducer arm kit but may need to look at the Mad Frog Liberator pads.....just when one thinks it is all settled you find out it's not...LOL.

Regards
My setup does not get in the way of my paddle stroke. I've got it on the front of the first mounting plate. Check this thread...I've got a couple pictures of it (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=7769). The liberator works fine, but I wish is was a little more in the water (which I believe the RAM arm would be). When I revist my transducer situation I may be getting the RAM arm.