View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 08:29 AM

I've been fishing the Hick for 25 years. What I have noticed is that the places I used to catch a lot of fish are so heavily fished now, I tend to catch a few but not as many. I still catch plenty of fish, but have changed "where" more than I would have liked to. I will admit I would like to catch a few more larger ones. I personally think it is amazing that with the pounding it takes, it still is a pretty good bass lake. Everything I know about the water quality suggests it is fine. Went out yesterday AM and there were a ton of feeding/busting bass (a lot were smallish but managed to catchsome decent fish). It is critical that we release our bass. I do really hate the tournament style fishing. I love the changes where people are weighing and immediately releasing the fish. That is the way that needs to head, and I know there are going to be offenders but that is what is going to protect our fish. On the sauger front I am looking forward to seeing that settle some now that Wolf Creek is done. I've caught some fish, but nothing like it was prior to the construction up there.