View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I figured I would do a review of sorts on a rod and reel I purchased about a month ago. I purchased a Shimano Metanium MGL reel in 8.5:1 gear ratio and paired it with a Kistler Helium 3 in 7'3" heavy xtra fast action. I know this is an expensive set up but man it's a dream to fish. This setup is very light and the rod is Very Very sensitive. I purchased everything from Tackle Warehouse and I had never held that rod or reel before.

At first I thought the rod felt tip heavy and I wouldn't like it but after fishing it for a while I have grown to really like it. It's a great jig rod and overall flipping and pitching rod. The rod is heavy action but has a nice soft tip and is very sensitive.

The Shimano Metanium MGL is the bees knees. It's very light and very smooth casting. So far the drag seems perfect. With some fine tuning you can bomb casts and it will absolutely not backlash.

I know this sounds like some kind of paid endorsement but nothing can be farther from the truth. I am just that impressed by both. I've never done a review like this but if you guys are like me then a new rod/reel is never that far down the line.

Holy mother of mercy , you on a entire different level lol

If my wife knew I spent $250 on a Tatula combo she would kill me, can't even imagine her finding out I spend $700 on a combo lol