View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Good work. At 0400 this morning there was topwater action a-plenty on the main lake points, north side of channel, east of Drakes Creek, all the way to Bluegrass. Threw a bone color Pop-R and Devils Horse. Nothing was busting the surface but there were pods of shad minnows on each point and evidently the bass were hunting them like coyote packs. Launched at Avondale and the trip down to the mouth of Drakes was interesting in the pitch black darkness. Damn near hit a bouy can, thank god for GPS and good maps.
You've got more cajones than I do. I run all over lakes all night long. OH will never be a lake I will run at night. A good map and a little lake knowledge will keep you in tge channel and away from bouys but floating logs are a whole nother thing. The only time I have ever ran the Hick in the dark was one evening a couple years ago. I was fishing out of Cairo and running up towards 231. I had just enough time to make it back before dark. On my way back I noticed a ski boat floating in the channel. I stopped and they were dead in the water. I towed them a few miles back to their dock in spring creek. It was dark by the time I got them tied up. On my way back I hit 2 logs and had broken my skeg.

Unless it's for unseeable circumstances like this I'll never do it again.