View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 07:16 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Default KBFTN Fate Sanders Recap

We had 37 anglers unite for the Fate Sanders Tournament Tuesday evening. We had 5 or 6 spectators watching registration, launch, and awards. We had one heckler, I think she had spent too much time in the sun that day, and maybe a few to many adult beverages.

I had a game plan of fishing deep humps and ledges and that is what I did. Unfortunately it didn't pay out, but at least I stuck to a plan and didn't run and gun.

There are a lot of inconsiderate boaters out there. The jet skis, and skiers kept their distance, but the fishermen would cruise right over where I was fishing not 30' from me, and some would troll, some would be on plane, I also had 2 different boaters pull 60' from me and start casting where I was. What ever happened to respect? If someone is fishing an area I let them have it, if I would like to fish that same hump, or same ledge within 60-80 yards then I will ask that person if they mind. Nobody was even as considerate to ask how I was doing, or even look at me.

The big fish 20.75" was caught by Craig Dye off a brush pile in 11' of water. He cruised over it, saw it on the electronics, turned and casted and bam.

The 18.25" fish was a smallmouth caught by Mike Taylor.

The points running is close, but Craig dye is leading in points, money, and total inches, the trifecta.

Our next tournament is on the Cumberland River Saturday June 20th. This is an all day tournament, 5 fish limit, and you will draw the ramp you will be using the morning of. If you would like to use a partner for shuttles that is welcome. More details will follow shortly.