Thread: Tennessee Rig!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd- View Post
I hope TWRA looks at revising their restrictions in this area, because the whole thing is more confusing than it ought to be.

The original concern was umbrella rigs with multiple baits catching multiple stripers at a time.

Since that's the case, the "three hook maximum" ought to be the beginning and end of the regulation, in my opinion. In other words, I think it goes beyond what's necessary to prohibit a rig that has 3 hooks and 2 dummy lures.

If you limit the number of hooks, you limit the number of fish you can catch at any given time, regardless of the number of dummy baits.

bd
I think they will revise it this year. It just happens to be on the books this way now and they have to go by it until its amended or completely changed.

If you use 3 crankbaits there are quite a few hooks. But since they describe a "bait" as (1) being how it came out of the package regardless of it's number of hooks thats legal.

As the year goes on look for it to change probably next spring.

I have even seen a "fly" version with 5 arms and non-weighted wooly buggers. Supposed it works really well and can be casted relatively easy. Hard to imagine though.