View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Having to go to library to use PC is frustrating...get my new one this week. Trout at Normandy are hard to come by...only can find them in deep holes. The water is very warm there....but went to base of dam and fished the catch pool and caught all I wanted...water is about 10 feet there.

Fished Willamsport lakes this morning for only an hour...fished Bluecat Lake. Caught 40 Black Nose Crappie all from 8 to 10 inches long...very pretty fish.

Laurel Hill Lake is already producing 10 inch Bluegill. Water temps are 63 degrees. Lake is in need of fertilization....moss...alage...whatever it is called is already taking hold...water is clear. TWRA should fertilize this week.

regards

I fished the base of the dam Saturday late morning with only TM and caught so many fish. Blacknose crappie, lots of bluegill, one beautiful rainbow that had to be pushing the 20" mark and after several minutes of carefully fighting on 4lb test, shook off right as I was leaning over to pick it up out of the water (made me feel sick to my stomach lol). Not too much later I caught another rainbow that measured 14" on the nose. I used a float and threw it into the catch pool, the slight riprap gave the TM all the action it needed and I am now a believer in this lure. It's almost too easy to catch fish with them.. the challenge, however, is being careful to fight the fish on such light line. Looks like a purchase of an ultralight rod is in my future...

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff