Thread: Obey River 11/8
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutFiend View Post
I am definitely going to I have never fished it with my boat on a generator. I know the main ramp closes at 10 PM at night and I was curious about fishing directly below the dam at night in my boat on no generation. I'm not sure if they have any lights that shine down around the base of the wall or not. I am going to check with my cousin that is a police officer for Clay County and see if it is okay to stay parked in that parking lot overnight.
They used to have lights for sure but I am not certain if they are on all the time anymore.

There is a lip where the generators have scoured a trough coming out of there that is good. When running water be careful since its so narrow but you can get on the wing wall side out of the current and fish the seam/fast water with good luck free lining minnows or jerkbaits. Also during generation the "min-pond" will have fish around the rock shelves below the spillway doors.

I have fished it on all flows from no water at all to unloading the boat at the campground ramp then tying up the the warning sign because water was over the fishing pier there by 2 ft.

The more water there the better the fishing gets. That day on high water I had some big bows swipe at my jerkbaits while drifting and fishing the creek mouths.