View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 07:26 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Stealth Chargers, Danny.
888-588-4506
$804.00 for complete system
I have the smart charger on my trolling batteries and the cable to go from car to boat to charge on the drive.
I never use the charge on the drive because my batteries are charged by my outboard once the cranking battery is full.
My four stroke 150 Merc runs so quiet I can leave it run and actually forget its back there. And it burns .3 gallon per hour at idle and puts out 13.2 amps while idling.
So if I leave it run for the duration of a guide trip (4-5 hours) the most gas I'll burn is 1.5 gallons. $3.30 for fuel to maintain a full charge on batteries, I can live with that.
BUT! I never have to run the motor to charge batteries because my 36V trolling system will run all day without needing a charge.
And that is why I have the 36V Minnkota TM. It uses less power and has the oomph to pull my big heavy fiberglass, T-Topped ocean rated boat around at 3 MPH. And runs all day.
The folks that know me personally, know I troll on my trips. And the trolling motor does the work, not the outboard engine.
I'll troll at 1.1-1.3 all day long and still have plenty of battery at the end of two trips.
Am I plugging Minnkota? Yep! Best products, best customer service anywhere in the US.
MAGA!