Thread: JPP waterlevel
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
Now this is what I call a geography lesson... I moved here 24 yrs ago, before that was central Fla. I know Lake George Fla fishing ... Waters down there is crystal clear waters. Imagine casting a worm and being able to watch it drop and actually seeing the bass come up and take the bait. I'm clueless about Tenn fishing. To be honest I never paid much attention to the waters around here until I decided to get back into fishing. Now I have a boat, I need to know the waters. Fla don't have dams like Tenn/Ky so its a completely new ball game. So you can say its a crash course on what you guys have known for yrs.
So again thanks on the education.
I moved here from the Cocoa Beach area in 1998. Grew up and lived my entire life in South Florida, fishing Okeechobee, the St. John’s River, inshore Indian River Lagoon. What I can advise you is to fish your strengths. If you are a shallow water structure focus guy, fish it as there are shallow water fish here regardless of water temp. If you want to fish offshore, get good electronics i.e. side and down imaging units. It took me years to become comfortable fishing offshore casting at open water based on what I had marked on my Humminbird units.