View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 12:09 PM

Default My 1st night on CH

I thought I would do a little early evening fishing followed by some catfishing last night for the first time.

I have to say it was very peaceful out there and I really didn't have much issue with bugs... I did have a bat flying around for company.. Always have been fascinated by those little creatures.

Anyhow, lost a nice bass when he went air born and graciously returned my new deep dive shad to me. I have to admit it was a beautiful site as it launch itself out of the water... picture perfect.

Thank god I have a fish finder with map.. I could not imagine trying to navigate in the dark. I have to admit its a little daunting.

I tried my hand at some 1st time noodle fishing. Tried a couple areas, but I just couldn't find them. I did realize that I'm gonna have to increase the weights. I figured 1/4 -3/8 oz would be enough to unroll the braid line off the noodle... Nope. Had several of them with the line still half wound up.

Another thing.. ( rhetorical ) How the hell does a noodle find its counter parts ? I spaced them about 100' apart around me yet some how they managed to group together.. I mean like literally a foot apart..

Long story short.. catfish are safe from me.... still