View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 06:23 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Texas Rig - Not sure how long you have been in this area but I moved to Hendesonville in 1998. Millfoil was thick in certain parts of Drakes Creek, Cedar Creek area, the stretch from Station Camp up to the 109 bridge on the Gallatin side of the channel, the cove by Cages Bend Campground, the entire Wilson County side from 109 bridge up to the steam plant, and all around the Steam Plant outflow down to the deep channel bend. Great matted grass frog fishing in the summer. The millfoil began to disappear as they systematically sprayed around the 109 area. Then we had some incredible cold winters, and I believe the 2010 flood virtually wiped out any remaining grass beds. A return of millfoil would be a tremendous thing for fishermen. Too bad the Corps will cowtow to lakefront homeowner interests and spray herbicide again. We'll have a brief window of opportunity.
The Corp has been known to spray for milfoil but more often than not when you see those air boats spraying it is most likely dock owners. It is relatively easy for them to get a permit to get it sprayed around their docks. There was a recent incident where a bass pro filmed spraying at I think it was Chickamauga. Of course all the blame was on TVA and nasty comments....but it seems the locals who had docks had gotten permits and had their dock areas sprayed. To the pros credit he came back on and apologized for blaming TVA. The grass thing has been a constant battle between fishermen and dock owners for the 55 years I been fishing....and will be I am sure for another 100 years.

Regards