View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezelteck View Post
As Skillet posted, we had a great day on the river Sunday. Well, as we pulled the boat up the ramp there was a weird noise, and my old truck was lugging more than usual. I noticed the drivers side trailer tire looked like it was leaning. I got out at the top of the ramp, and noticed the bearing buddy cap was missing. There was plenty of grease, but the bearings were shattered. Moral of the story is check those bearings. These bearings were just installed a year ago and had plenty of grease. Luckily we got a new set of bearings, and got the boat home. Thank god the wheel didnt come off going down the road. Man what a scary deal..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

That is true. ... all it takes is a couple of minutes with a floor jack to get the tire off the ground to check freeplay and then spin the tire to hear any roughness or noise... i gotta admit i don't check as often as i used to.

More info about Hendersonville and Old Hickory lake fishing at my site: http://myhendersonvilletn.com/