View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 12:51 PM

Here are a few rough drafts of my best personal colors Still playing with fur amount, positioning and length. All my heads will be either blaze, chartruse or primed white. fishing 25-30' and deeper the color doesnt matter anyways. Yes nocturnal/low light fish can see better than humans, but the lack of light doesnt allow them marble eyes to work thier voo doo. Simple and cheap colors and patterns. if i fished clearer waters, i would change the colors to include some blacks and blues. i like the white material, i still dont like any of my chartruse material. i like the idea of the free floating, wavy look of the chartruse, but thinking practically, when that jig is down 35' in stained water, moving up and down and along the river at 3-5mph, they dont have the time to think "hey, that tail isnt waving very naturally, im not gonna eat it." they either see it and eat it, or see it and let it go by. And when the current is slow, im not yanking on a 1oz jig anyways.
in the stained water, i like the bulk of the white dressing. in my experience, saugers like bulky baits, not necessarily long baits in the winter. so that white material is nice and puffy. i just need to fine tune the chartruse material.
But anyways, no B.S. these 2 colors put ALL my saugers in the boat while jigging the past 5 years. Nothing special are they? LOL ive tried orange on orange, pink on pink, red on chartruse, and on and on and on. if youve seen it in a store, ive tried it. These are my personal go to colors on jigs.
As i paint more and tie a few different fur patterns i will post them in case anybody is interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160908_220247.jpg (2.04 MB, 16 views)