View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Folks, remember the flood of May, 2010!... My cabin was on the Caney for 16 years until I sold it, so I am very aware of generation and lake levels ... I've fished and guided on most of the navigable waterways for a number of decades..

During this time of year the CORP OF ENG and TVA .. drop everything to it's lowest level, (In the Spring the Power Demand is at its lowest do to the transition of non needed Heat and AC demands, this is also the time that TVA rebuilds it's Generators and Boiler units..) Now the lowering of lake levels is done for two reasons .. 1.To work on ramps and sub structures that normally can not be done during most of the year. And 2. to prepare for the Spring Rains that occur in March, April, and May... I think the disaster of 2010 has raised the bar for preparedness for the CORP .. As you have seen on the news, record rain fall in Texas and Louisiana has resulted in such flooding ...

I think the Corp learned a lesson in 2010 when trying to save the bedroom City and residence of Hendersonville, and then released the water via the Old Hickory Dam that sent the massive tidal wave down stream like a pipe line into metro Nashville.. Which caused Millions of $$ in damage .. So they are going to suck everything as low as they can which is JPP, OH, CH, DH... Every thing that feeds the Cumberland River chain... <'TK><
Clear explanation fer an ole country boy like me.Thanks TK