View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 12:03 PM

I understand your logic, but if it was me in that position, my thoughts would be this:
As a guide, i would charge, say $400 for a full day.
if i were to "sell you" 3 GPS locations for say $2,000 (to make it worth my while) whats stopping you from telling or selling those same spots to other people, or starting your own guide service and making money off a relatively small initial investment where i spent tons of hours and money to find those fish myself? Next thing I know, when i take my clients to my spots i sold to you, they are all beat up and sore mouthed and full of other fisherman, killing my likely hood of return clients and closing my business.
Weekend fisherman or us forum guys fish for fun, not a living so we dont have much at stake, but if somebody like Merv sold his spots (making a bunch of up front money im sure) he would cut his own throat in the long run.
i would stick with your current status and hire a guide, or even different guides throughout the seasons and just stick em in the memory bank for your own use and knowledge.
Just my 2 cents.