Thread: Reel Repair
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTNKayakAngler View Post
Merv,

Spinning reels are a whole different animal. They are kinda like a transmission rebuild with the timing and amount of parts, and wear marks, they must go back exactly as you took them apart, especially these with the baitrunner feature. This one was used in salt hence the corrosion, and contaminated grease. Spinning reels require grease in more areas than baitcasters, but a different weight of grease, and has to be applied very thin. Then you have the bail spring, mechanism, roller guide bearings, bushings, and washers.
Spot on about spinning reels. I just replaced a roller bearing...and all parts associated with it......on my Luvias 2004. I was going to bring it to you but Daiwa Japan has a great feature when you order their parts. Each part...no matter how small comes in it's own plastic pouch with the number on the label of the pouch. That number corresponds to the number of the part in the schematic.....so pretty hard to put the part in the wrong place. But I doubt I would do a complete tear down of one of these high end spinning reels. My eyes aren't that good anymore and just not enough experience doing it....so when time comes will just bring them to you...LOL.

Regards