View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 11:26 AM

Exclamation Little Pigeon Smallies - Sevierville - Question?

I'm planning to fish the W prong of the Little Pigeon next w/end, and maybe the Middle prong as well.
The West is the one that runs down from Gatlinburg through Pigeon Forge and on through Sevierville (along Hwy 441), and the Middle is the one that joins it at the Hardees in Sevierville.

My question is about kayaking.
Basically, I'm trying to figure out a good route for about a half-day trip, I don't know where the portages and best places to put in are.
Also, I will have my dad with me, he is a little older and it would help to know a fairly easy section for him.

I was thinking about putting in at Hardees, I think there is a spillway right above that, right? I wasn't sure if there was an easy portage around that or not if we were coming from upstream.
Is it fairly easy paddling from Hardees on down to somewhere south of Sevierville? And free of obstructions?

Any help appreciated.

Also, any suggestions on easy spots to bank fish or wade in the area appreciated, we're just going up for a family vacation so scouting time (and fishing time for that matter) will be pretty limited
My fishing experience in the area has only been within GSM park, so this will be new.

I'm C&R fishing and only get up to this area every couple of years, we're from Memphis.
I'll post up a report after the trip!
Thx,
Rob