View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2t View Post
Yea if they're not gutted, it's not THOSE people. We're all on the same page here.

So looks like it's the Striper/Hybrid haters up to no good and decided to catch as many as they can just to kill them and not even use the meat. I've seen this on another forum, there are guys who go out on the Clinch and target huge Rockfish, gut it, and dump it on the bank then tell the story and are so proud of themselves. They say they do it because the Rockfish are "trout eaters" and how dare anything hurt their precious trout. By that logic, they should also be gutting large trout but don't try to talk to them with logic, it's pointless.

I didn't know that they venture into JPP too but I can't think of any other explanation.
I will be the first to admit that I am not a Rockfish fan for obvious reasons. What you speak of is a common practice in Arkansas and is even encouraged by the Fish and Game Dept. Trout tourism brings in a lot of $$$$$ over there and they will do everything to protect it. I know people on both sides of this argument. Not sure that the 2 will ever coexist in trout waters. It happens a lot more than people realize.

Roy