View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2t View Post
I won't say too much because there isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said but I can give you my perspective of the Ride 115 since I own one and fish in it every week. The only con I have is wishing I had the 135 for the extra cargo space behind me. Other than that, it's a fantastic kayak.

I've caught everything from bluegill to rockfish in it and it holds up well. Very stable. In the warmer months I'm standing and fishing 90% of the time. I can paddle standing up, give a hard hookset, and cast all I want with no fear of falling. It's all but impossible to flip but that doesn't mean I can't fall out of it while standing so that's why this time of year I stay seated.

I also recommend going into HOOK1. That's where I bought mine and I never once felt pressured to buy a more expensive model. The staff are all avid kayak anglers so they really know what they're talking about and will get you into a yak that best suits your needs. They will even drop you off at Old Hickory with any kayak you'd like to demo for free. I paddled and fished the Ride 115 around for a couple hours and was sold.
Thanks, I can't wait to try one. I'll have to take a day off to get over there but it will be worth it. I checked their website and they've got some closeout sales going right now too, might be dangerous!!
We have several stores in Memphis that sell Kayaks, but there's nothing like hook1 here geared towards fishermen.
I'll learn more in a couple of hours there than I'd probably learn in the first few months on my own
Between the advice given here and a trip over to Hendersonville I should be able to get off to a pretty good start.