View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 04:23 PM

So, as far as a boat that will be reasonably good for both pond and river fishing, are the Ride 115/135 going to do well for me?

I understand that there isn't 1 perfect boat for everything, just like big boats....But, when I say river fishing, I'm talking fairly moderate stuff, nothing too technical. Maybe class II at best.
I'll probably be spending more time on still water just because that's what we have the most of close to Memphis, and then hitting the Ozark Streams or Middle Tennessee streams when I can, maybe Pickwick or Wilson Tailrace occasionally, that sort of thing.

It sounds like Jeremy is saying that the 135 is a pretty good All Purpose boat but maybe not the best at any one thing.

I understand that the Coosa is marketed as a river boat, but the reviews say that it isn't all that stable either, and maybe harder to keep straight in the wind? That sounds too limiting to me, am I thinking right?

I guess I'm looking for a good compromise, but probably erring on the still water performance side of the equation.

Also, can anyone advise me on whether a 135 is overkill for me vs. a 115? Again, I'm about 5'9/200 so well within the capacity of either boat, just trying to ascertain whether there are maneuverability benefits with the smaller one vs. maybe better tracking with the longer version.
I'm going to get over to hook1 after the holiday anyway, hopefully I'll get to try at least one of those out and talk to those guys about it as well.

You guys are a wealth of info!