View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Stopping power ... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
Yeah I know all about stopping. I used to pull my boat with my 4cy Toyota tacoma. It pulled just fine but you had to really be careful stopping. Its not that the tank of gas means I can't go it's that I'm a cheap ass and want to save as much money as possible. I changed my mind and I'm rolling with the truck as normal anyways. I drove the x terra today and missed my truck, something about being in a truck the size of a tank.
Juice I ran into this problem in the early 90's I had a new Nissan Frontier Hard Body 4X4 loaded and decked out V6 ... Now these mid sized pick ups utilized a full rail Frame ... Not a unibody ...

I was pulling my Bass boat 17 foot Astroglass with a 150 HP Merc ... Like everyone has stated ... Stopping is the issue ... This is the big problem ... One evening I was towing my rig right after a little rain shower (what forms on the roadway after rain is called viscous paste after it gets wet) it is when the accumulation of Fuel, oil, and even exhaust is exposed to the road way ... That is when it is the slickest ... I topped a hill entering a traffic light intersection which I have traveled thousands of times, not speeding and applied the brakes ... It was just like trying to stop on ice ... And this was a hot summer day ... It didn't even slow down ... It got faster if anything ... Needless to say we slid (My son and his buddy also) right through the intersection ... fortunately we just got the green light from the car in front of us that tripped it ... I am just glad he got out of the way ...

After that I went to a full size truck .. I had no problem with about anything I hooked up to ... especially my 3800 pound guide boat ... <'TK><