View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Watch the water rise ... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordty View Post
In town from Louisiana for a few days to move my parents (real fun) and tomorrow (Thursday) is my only day to go to the Caney…looks like rain, but please tell me the following…there is one gen going from 9-5…so how long will it take the water to get to Happy Hollow with one gen going? I know this is on the site somewhere but am in a time crunch. I am wanting to know how early I would have to put in at Happy to float to Betty's while staying ahead of the rising water. Thanks, and don't take the Caney for granted! I get on this site about every day in Shreveport just to read about how the fishing is here in Mid TN!!!
Wordty, How's it going ... We miss you ... It is 5 miles from the Dam to HH ... Unless things have changed with one Gen it takes 5 hours +/- ... Betty's Island is three miles further ... So figure 8 Hours from the Dam +/- ... Rule of thumb on the Caney with one Gen is a mile an hour +/-... Now with the new sluice gates and normal pool which would be higher so the dynamic of the pool is different now ... I haven't fished it since the Sluice gates have been put in ... <'TK><