Thread: Below CHD 2/8
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 09:06 AM

Default Below CHD 2/8

Took the yak below Center Hill to fish the boils on Saturday. When I was living in Cookeville and attending TTU I'd often fish from the steps in the boils (pre kayak days) and I got really good with jigging/drifting a Kastmaster spoon. I realized Saturday that is much more difficult from a kayak lol. I caught one really nice Brook like that and missed a bunch of hits due to awkward hookset attempts because of the positions I was in.

I went back over to the other side and fished trout magnets along the rocks. Caught 18 to hand, missed several more. No size to speak of but it was a lot of fun indeed. Took some home to make a nice lunch for me and the wife. They taste great baked in olive oil, butter, capers, and lemon juice! I fished until just before dark in an effort to try and catch a big brown or a walleye but no luck. The entire area was just saturated with dying shad from the generation and there was no way I'd fool them with a lure at that point.

Bison trout magnets were the color of preference. Tried others with no luck.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff