View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
My son and I headed out to a creek this morning to spend time together and hopefully catch some fish. We got up into the creek and I found a bed of Shell Crackers that was about 50 yards long and 5 or 6 yards wide. It held hundreds of fish and had many on it well over the 12 inch mark.....only problem they would not cooperate. You could see them hit the Trout Magnet and nudge it out of the bed....they would not mouth the bait. The smaller ones however would inhale the bait. We caught well over a hundred fish each today. The Shell Crackers were all about 7 inches...colored up really nice and full of fight. Found a Gill bed on opposite side of creek from Shell Crackers. The Gills were only around 7 inches but they put up a tussle and you can tell by looking at them they will be stump heads next year....chunky and a nice girth. We saw hawks....white cranes...beavers at work...a couple of ospreys....and a bat feeding in the middle of the day. Today was what kayaking is all about for me...seeing new places and exploring them with my son.

Regards
They do not have to be large to have fun. I fished from the shore at OH this morning. Did not count, however, had some that went over 3 inches, maybe 4 inches and a bunch of small ones.