View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 01:19 PM

Small....the real small ones are hard to find. I have tied my own for many years. I currently use 2mm craft foam (from Hobby Lobby) and a paper hole punch. The standard paper punch is 1/4" dia.. I use cva glue and glue 3 of the disks together to form a short cylinder. I cut a slit in the cork cylinder and glue it to a size 12 humpshank hook. After the glue sets I tie on a short red kip tail hair tail and wrap a small hackle and it is ready to fish. I sometimes will add eyes with a sharpie but I don't think the fish care if the eyes are on it or not. I also sometimes enhance the body by sandwiching a couple of rubber legs between the disks. Cheap, easy, and durable and the fish love them. What more can one ask?..... I sometimes will go bigger with up to 7/16". I have a series of hole punches from Harbor Freight up to 1/2". Bigger diameter will require 1 more disk and a bigger hook. I use all yellow but any color that tickles your fancy will work but the yellow is easy to see and the fish seem to really like it. Sorry....made a short story long..1/4" is the best all round size IMHO.