View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Williamsport 4-26-2013

Took the kayak out to Blue Cat for a great couple of hours on the water. I was looking for some decent size Gills for Kayak Wars. The biggest I put on the Hawg Trough was only 8 inches.....didn't bother taking any pics. Just could not find the 9 and 10 inch fish I wanted. I caught a lot of 6 inch Gills that seem to have the right set of genes. They were nearly as tall as long...and very chunky things. I also tried out my new Gill rod made from a 2wt fly rod blank. It is a lot of fun catching bluegills with it. I will have to become used to the action as a strong cast is not needed with this rod....as a matter of fact a strong cast throws the lure about 10 feet in front of me...LOL. Just need to take it nice and easy. A 6 inch Gill will put the bend in it for sure. Just what I wanted for Gill fishing. The water is cold at Blue Cat. A lot of folks were crappie fishing but only a few fishing for Gills....and not much catching going on. Several were out bass fishing but I didn't see much action when I was on the water with the bass either. I was not aware that white bass were in the lake but a bass boat pulled out and gave a white bass to a guy fishing by the ramp. Just a nice relaxing day on he water.

Regards