View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Harry, WalMart carries the CR2032's as well ... Name brand ... (Go to the nice lady behind any WalMart Jewlery Counter ... They have just about any small appliance Battery from Watches, Utility, Hearing Ads , Toys .. A lot of these batteries are common) I had an undesirable experience with Battery Plus one time over a $65 Home alarm system battery ... But Hey ... If you need speciality batteries ... They may have the corner of the mkt ... But you can also find them on EBAY ... I also found Battery Plus to be pricey ...

But when it comes to deep cycle Lead Marine Batteries it is not rocket science ... Now the lighter weight Litheum batteries are $$ ... But I have being buying Motor cycle Lith Bats from walMart for my RiverHawk to start my 15 HP Johnson ... works fine ... Just a thought .... Just check your Amperage requirements ... ( I have never bought the full size Lith Marine Batteries)

Nofish ... I think Travis hit the nail on the head ... Now an inline 6 cyl, Merc 90 HP and an 115 HP and an inline 150 are all 100 Cubic Inch Motors ... Is your Boat newer than an 84 model ... Newer 90 HP's weighed less than 305# ... (They were 4 cyl's) OMC and Merc .. .. Move all of your weight that you can forward ... Have you added an after mkt livewell? Why is this such an issue that the transom sits close to the water ??

Also what Travis said ... The main boat power source should be connected to the start Battery .. It does get replinished somewhat while running ... So everything except the trolling motor should be connected to it ... <'TK><
Its an 84 motor, 96 xpress, and no aftermarket livewell TK. Im going to take yalls advice and hook my lights and depth finder to my big motor battery. I dont have a huge issue with boat sitting low in the back, but a few people that have been in it have mentioned it. Last summer I gassed it and let off and gassed it and let off a few more times and water came in the boat, filled battery compartment, and my bilge pump failed. The boat took on so much water it flipped. I knew better then and I know better now not to let off the throttle like that cause water will come up over the back of the boat. Now if I let off tbe throttle real fast before the wave hits the back of the boat I give it a little gas and everything is fine.

Last edited by nofish; 02-09-2013 at 08:12 AM.