View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Owner and Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
Theres a lot less hassle if you have to return them for warranty if you get them from Walmart.............Ive looked for different batteries there....they are damn sure are proud of some of them...I went there looking for some CR2032's (for hat clip on fishing lights) one time I thought Id get a deal...they were like $10 FOR 2 OF THEM....I remembered I had seen some at Northern Tools in a 9 pcs blister pack for $4.99 ........ pretty much a battery is a battery....
Harry, WalMart carries the CR2032's as well ... Name brand ... (Go to the nice lady behind any WalMart Jewlery Counter ... They have just about any small appliance Battery from Watches, Utility, Hearing Ads , Toys .. A lot of these batteries are common) I had an undesirable experience with Battery Plus one time over a $65 Home alarm system battery ... But Hey ... If you need speciality batteries ... They may have the corner of the mkt ... But you can also find them on EBAY ... I also found Battery Plus to be pricey ...

But when it comes to deep cycle Lead Marine Batteries it is not rocket science ... Now the lighter weight Litheum batteries are $$ ... But I have being buying Motor cycle Lith Bats from walMart for my RiverHawk to start my 15 HP Johnson ... works fine ... Just a thought .... Just check your Amperage requirements ... ( I have never bought the full size Lith Marine Batteries)

Nofish ... I think Travis hit the nail on the head ... Now an inline 6 cyl, Merc 90 HP and an 115 HP and an inline 150 are all 100 Cubic Inch Motors ... Is your Boat newer than an 84 model ... Newer 90 HP's weighed less than 305# ... (They were 4 cyl's) OMC and Merc .. .. Move all of your weight that you can forward ... Have you added an after mkt livewell? Why is this such an issue that the transom sits close to the water ??

Also what Travis said ... The main boat power source should be connected to the start Battery .. It does get replinished somewhat while running ... So everything except the trolling motor should be connected to it ... <'TK><

Last edited by tkwalker; 02-09-2013 at 12:00 AM.