Thread: Center Hill
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Talked with another guy from this forum tonight and he was saying that fishing below Center Hill dam was dangerous if they are generating. Having never been there and wanting to go there for walleyes/sauger soon, anybody got any thoughts on the matter?
It can be....depending on how much they are generating....is the sluice on.....what you are doing.....boating....kayaking.....knowing what time generation starts. Wading is a no go during generation. They can have no sluice going and a couple of generators on and I will put the kayak in the pond. I stay away from the current from the generators and always wear my PFD. I have fished it with browntrout in his boat when 3 generators were going and it was no problem at all. It all depends on amount of water being released and your boating skills....knowledge and so on. If you have never done it before maybe it would be best to go out with someone who has and learn from them. That is how I first started fishing there. A lot of parameters to consider.

Regards