View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseejugger View Post
What he meant Newbie is to catch a mess of fish and fill the stringer up. A stringer is what you keep your catch on. Come join us on the 30th for the Gathering. I have room on my boat for you!
Thanks for the explanation. I wouldn't miss that opportunities. Thanks for the invitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2t View Post
Glad to see you having success with the sport we all cherish. Next step, try to catch fish on an artificial lure, it is much more satisfying. It's much more of a challenge of course, but keep practicing. Try small rooster tails (white, chartruese, or firetiger in color) or beetle spins. They are easy to fish with and will catch plenty of fish similar to what you caught and occasionally will catch others. In the stretch of river you fished, rooster tails can and will catch white bass, largemouth bass, crappie, and even a smallmouth but in that part of the river that is not as common. In the winter months, rainbow trout are stocked in the Stones River and they can commonly be caught on rooster tails.
I really appreciate your advice. I will follow your direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseejugger View Post
I should be asking you the same thing. But mine would have been a rhetorical question, Never said I spent 21 years in Saudi, You said that most would not know what you were talking about but little did you know that there are some on this forum who have been there! Besides he stated that he has caught the 1st fish in his life, so unless he purchased the fish to eat or they were giving to him. I doubt that he even knows what you are talking about. But then again I could be wrong!
I never tried fishing back home. Since I am far from the sea, and enjoy hunting. But the names he mentioned are the most delicious fish species I have ever tasted. Maybe because they are the only good fish there. Even between the red sea and the Gulf, the fish taste and quality differ. Some kind better in the Red sea but not good on the Gulf.
So, I only seen them in the store, we have some stores for fresh fish. But just reading the name of those delicious fish made me feel home sick.