View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Williamsport 4-13-2012

Spent a nice couple of hours at Blue Cat Lake at Williamsport today. Started out on a Gill bed I have already caught several hundred fish off of...haven't kept any yet. Then started trying to find some Shell Cracker beds. Found them in the back of the lake on steep banks in about 5 to 6 feet of water out about 10 feet from the bank. Caught around 50 of these until I came home and decided to clean up kayak and car...LOL. All the Red Ear were about same size.....7 to 8 inches. Also caught around 50 nice size Gills in the 6 inch range...very meaty fish. I need to try Shell Cracker Lake one day. People have told me that Blue Cat is full of huge Gills but I have not been able to locate them....maybe Shell Cracker has more of the big boys. I also caught quite a few Black Nose Crappie today but as all the Crappie I have caught there this Spring all are about 10 inches but no shoulders......don't know why that is as everyone tells me the lake is full of shad minnows. Sure do enjoy the fight those Red Ear give on 2# test line!

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Williamsport Shellcracker 2100_1700.jpg (153.3 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Wilaimsport Shellcracker100_1699.jpg (166.3 KB, 75 views)