Thread: SPawning
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Lot's of luck folks on bedding Bass ... I have fished Fla waters for years in March in visible waters and watched the Sows as well as the Bucks pick a worm up and move it from the bed (by the tail) ... Bedding Fish ... most species are not going to be cooperative ... Now ... when everything is done and over with .. Katey bar the door ... Feeding time will commence !!! ... With this warm weather give it a week or two ... (note: I picked up a 3 pound female today from my pond (spinnerbait)... Under a Bluebird sky .. Highpressure when they should have not been feeding ... She was full of eggs ... pre spawn time and she was prefeeding before going on bed ... <'TK><
You got that right tk. I will take to my grave the memory of me last year having 5 Shell Cracker beds in sight not 2 feet from the bank...in crystal clear water.......at VFW Lake and I worked those beds for hours and couldn't even get them to pick up anything to move it out of the bed. That was a fisherman's nightmare...seeing Red Ear 12 to 15 inches long and couldn't do anything about it. They war so focused on what they were doing that when I would walk up to the bed they would not even spook. Very frustrating.

Regards