View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxpro View Post
I also fished an area called the steam plant. Call me dumb but I dont remember what city it was in. Once I got the tip about the place I pretty much just drove around until I found it. I do remember there was a gas station/bait store right where you turned off the highway and then there was another little party/bait store once you got closer to the area if that helps at all?
If you went south, southwest from Clarksville then the steam plant was probably Cumberland City. That area harbors some big cats in the winter.

Since you are in Clarksville, I'd fish Barkley closer then Kentucky lake a little further west. Both can be good and both run in cycles. Usually if one is fishing not so great one year the other is really on fire. In the summer time finding shell beds along main river ledges can produce huge catches of bass.

You can alsoe run the Cumberland back all the way thru Cheatham past Nashville to Old Hickory Dam catching lots of smallies with good ones mixed in as well as bass, crappie, catfish, hybrid, white bass and striper.

If you have interest in trout then they have some streams on base that are stocked every year.

Good luck and welcome...