Thread: Normandy Dam
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickngar21 View Post
I've never fished below the dam before, but there's always someone there when I pass by goin to the lake. So what are you guys catchin there?

It is a great place to fish for Stockers...if you live fairly close. Using an UL rig with 2# test line you can have a ball with catches of over a 100 per day. I don't mean to contradict bd but they have not stocked Browns below Normandy for years.....I have called them many times and asked them to update the web site...but to no avail. For the last 3 years that I have fished it I have never caught one and the same folks who would tell me the Trout live all year long also were telling me they stocked it with Browns. So I called Jim Habera....TWRA Trout/Fisheries Biologist......and he confirmed they have not stocked Browns there for several years. For those that think the Trout hold over...that water gets plenty hot by the middle of July. Even though they will do a stocking in June...it is over with by end of July...if not sooner. You may also catch some very nice Walleye while Trout fishing...depending on how you fish for Trout. At times huge Black Nose Crappie hang out below the dam also. Oh and if you go there in late May you can get some Trout in the 13 inch range approacing 14 inches. They have been talking of cutting back the approximately 27,000 Trout that they stock there and stocking only five to seven thousand 13 and 14 inch fish. Only about 7,000 of the twenty something thousand they stock get harvested. That is a lot of fish dying off.

Regards

Last edited by Alphahawk; 11-04-2011 at 05:36 PM.