View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Stream Smallmouth Guide

Ok I am sorry to stir feathers myself. I will say my first 20 inch smallmouth came in Edwin Warner Park and my 2nd largest Rock Bass came from the Narrows area. The Harpeth is very well known.
If you ask the folks I take fishing 98 % of the time we are parking on the side of the road and walking in by a bridge. 2% of the time I use just 3 landowners I get permission from. All the streams I fish have their name posted on the roads as you cross over them.Stones River,Smith Fork my precious gems that make me so much money oops did i type what i was thinking. Anyone can fish these streams and they are kid friendly. I have even told a few folks thru Private messege where to go and park and fish . I grew up on the Little H. and fished the forks of the harpeth most of my life and small streams feeding it. There has been a decline in the fishery, due to the City of Franklins sewer system and population growth. The Little Harpeth really went down hill when Brentwood ran sewer beside it years ago. I guided on the Harpeth system for years. It is not about the money with me either I am not a full time guide, I do not plan on being a full time guide either. It is about the stream and the fishery. In 17 plus years of guiding on and off I have seen streams fished out trashed up so many times. These were very easy to get to and easy to take my kids and there friends fishng. We have had tons of fun catching panfish and the occasional trophy. But now I go to these spots and you can't wade for the trash,people and line. I was guilty of mentioning very popular spots in my early days of sharing stories on the internet. I do feel guilty for the declne in those spots. If I see you on the stream I will share my knowledge and lures and even my live sucker minnows. I am sorry I even posted on this text about naming stream names. Oh yeah I have not caught any fish this year in the above streams in bold lol. Keep the kids fishing and free fishing day is almost here so grab a teen that has never gone before. Mike