View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 03:04 PM
fineseman09

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
OK Whiz, new rule for posting after you have hammered them and provided the pictures. No need to divulge specific location, but depth & depth features (such as channel ledge, outside bend, inside bend) lure(s)/bait, technique, water temp, structure type (rocks, wood, etc...). These would be extremely helpful insights to me because I fish down there a lot and tend to pick up my larger smallies anywhere from OH Bridge to Mill Creek. The problem is that a "pattern" is hard to develop (for me anyway). Hearing how and what you used would confirm that I am either blind & lucky or in fact I am on to something.

buc, i usually give better details than that. but only other thing i can tell you is to look for current break. that seemed to be key. plus the big smallie brandon caught was spitting up shad. so i dont be one demintional and throw only craw imitaions. key is to still fish slow. this is winter! dont expect alot of bites. dont cover alot of water, instead cover the same water alot! all i got for you!