View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 10:49 AM
fineseman09

Default fishing report 01-15-11

Hey guys, i know this almost a week late; but i figured i would tell ya'll anyway. Last sat we decided to take another trip to fish the cumberland river. I was fishing with a buddy of mine, brandon rickman. Lead singer of the lonesome river band. Ya'll should check his cd out. Its really good. Ok back to the report. We decided to do something a little different this time. Brandon loves to fish fast. He doesnt like to slow down to fish unless he has to, so we decided to try to catch some white bass to eat instead of sauger. Man did we have a blast. We ended up catching probably 40 white bass and took home 19. I have to admit, this is the first time i ate them; and they are a very tasty fish. I believe by far, pound for pound, they are the hardest fighting fish! Except for maybe a smallmouth. Which gets me to the next part. As ya'll all know i love to bass fish and brandon does too, so we decided to try to catch a couple. We did not spend much time bass fishing, but did manage to catch a few. Brandon caught a 19 3/4 inch smallie weighing about 4 to 4 1/2 pounds! Another great trip and another great day! I will post pics later today!