View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:28 PM

Here is a pic of the stream plant canal (in red) and nearby boat ramps.

Be careful getting into the canal from the main channel as the small island is almost completely eroded, but only inches stick out. It is very shallow near that island and in many other spots out of the main river channel and the steam plant canal.

Flippers Ramp (Bull Creek Ramp) is on the north side of the lake and Coles Ferry (limited parking) is on the south side. There are plenty of other ramps you could use to get there, but these are the two common ones. If you need to see more about the ramps, pictures, or directions, check out my google map of Old Hickory Boat Ramps that I did for part of a larger lake modeling effort.

Hope it helps,
Jim

PS - This is a total community hole. I talked to some nice guys in from Ohio that were fishing it for the first time on Wednesday. Take your time and go slow in the canal and give people a little space and you should have no trouble. Remember lots of people will have baits out downstream of their boat so don't run right up on their lines. And trolling in the canal is annoying for everyone else.

Last edited by Jim; 01-06-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: spelling