FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Fishing Gear (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Favorite Rod Brands (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=11417)

Topwater1 06-23-2016 10:19 AM

Favorite Rod Brands

I think this would be an interesting poll to see, what are everyone's favorite Rod brands. I'm going to try to include the most used brands, not the most expensive or the fanciest. So, here it goes. (These aren't ranked in any specific order)
1. Fenwick
2. St. Croix
3. Bass Pro Shops rods
4. Ugly Stiks ( Or Shakespeare's)
5. G. Loomis
6. Shimano
7. Daiwa
8. Abu Garcia
9. Falcon
10. Other

bfish 06-23-2016 11:50 AM

5. and 6. are the same brand and have been for several years.

TNBronzeback 06-23-2016 12:28 PM

Everytime i go rod shopping i pick up the new ugly sticks. I like the action on them, and i know they are sensitive, but they are just too heavy in comparison to other rods.
I personally dont havena favorite brand as now a days the market is saturated with so many rods. I stay away from the "over $100" section though! lmao. I love fishing but not THAT much. Lmao

Wyatt 06-23-2016 01:51 PM

10......Love my Berkeley rods!

notorious 06-23-2016 02:09 PM

I split my favorites between GLoomis and Berkley Lighting Rods however, I can only vote once. If value applies its Berkley, if ascetics, ergonomics and shear power applies its GLoomis. It bears to mention that one can purchase 4 or 5 Lighting rods for the cost of one entry level GLoomis.

Alphahawk 06-23-2016 02:44 PM

I voted "other". Most will never try a JDM rod but if "most" did....no matter what the specie one fishes for, it would be hard to put it down. Money plays a part for everyone....there are several brands on that list that one could spend big bucks on.

Regards

Topwater1 06-23-2016 02:47 PM

Alpha hawk I thought about putting JDM rods on there but I didn't because most people don't use them like you said.

TNBronzeback 06-23-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 73437)
I split my favorites between GLoomis and Berkley Lighting Rods however, I can only vote once. If value applies its Berkley, if ascetics, ergonomics and shear power applies its GLoomis. It bears to mention that one can purchase 4 or 5 Lighting rods for the cost of one entry level GLoomis.

Yes sir! love the lightning rods! my favorite river jigging rod is a lightning rod!

XxthejuicexX 06-23-2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNBronzeback (Post 73443)
Yes sir! love the lightning rods! my favorite river jigging rod is a lightning rod!

We have the Berkley E-Motions at Academy, they feel really good for the price.

Dakota 06-23-2016 06:01 PM

My favorite.. All Pro 7 foot worm rod has great sensitivity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNBronzeback 06-23-2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX (Post 73447)
We have the Berkley E-Motions at Academy, they feel really good for the price.

Hook a brotha up! lol.
I dont think ive seen those. Im gonna have to check them out! im picky on my jigging sticks. lol

skillet 06-23-2016 09:00 PM

I love lightning rods...after that bass pro shops rods are my next choice. The crankin sticks are great. Even working 6xd crankbaits is a breeze. I haven't tried anything bigger on it yet, but I plan too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jad2t 06-24-2016 07:14 AM

I'm really a fan of the Abu Garcia Veritas rods. They're a heck of a deal for 80 bucks.

Travis C. 06-24-2016 08:24 AM

I voted other cause I sure do love my cane poles. :D

I don't really have a preference. The tech in rods even sub $100 is far better than it used to be. If fishing was my means for income then I'd want some light weight top notch equipment but since I am a weekender what ever fits the budget/application works just fine.

XxthejuicexX 06-24-2016 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jad2t (Post 73455)
I'm really a fan of the Abu Garcia Veritas rods. They're a heck of a deal for 80 bucks.

Those are some of my favorites. I am going to try out some of the new Lew's TP1 Speed sticks out.