FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community (http://www.fishingtn.com/index.php)
-   Local Fishing (http://www.fishingtn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bank Fishing Around Nashville (http://www.fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=13114)

mlagunovich 05-08-2019 08:41 PM

Bank Fishing Around Nashville

Hey y'all. I've been in Nashville for the past 5 or so years but just now beginning to fish again.

Unfortunately, no boat; bank fishing for me. I would love to hear some great spots for bank fishing, or hidden spots/gems right off of a trail somewhere.

I live in South Nashville, almost Antioch. Anything around the area would be awesome but also willing to travel!

Preferably a place known to catch some great fish but maybe a little known secret?

Thanks in advance.

Schleprock 05-08-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlagunovich (Post 85571)
Hey y'all. I've been in Nashville for the past 5 or so years but just now beginning to fish again.

Unfortunately, no boat; bank fishing for me. I would love to hear some great spots for bank fishing, or hidden spots/gems right off of a trail somewhere.

I live in South Nashville, almost Antioch. Anything around the area would be awesome but also willing to travel!

Preferably a place known to catch some great fish but maybe a little known secret?

Thanks in advance.

Might be worth the trip to Chickamauga, guys are always catching monsters off the bank , can also head down to Nickajack, last time I was there a guy was catching some decent fish off the bank

mlagunovich 05-08-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 85572)
Might be worth the trip to Chickamauga, guys are always catching monsters off the bank , can also head down to Nickajack, last time I was there a guy was catching some decent fish off the bank

Both are on my list. You always hear about great success stories coming out from both of them. A few buddies recommended Stewart Creek Boat Area on JPP. They told me about a trail right around it that has great bank opportunities.

Thanks for your input!

Jlg309 05-09-2019 07:44 AM

JPP; park in the lot at the end of Baker’s Grove Rd. Walk the trail, and I mean walk it! You will see water in 10 minutes, but the fishing gets better the longer you walk. Go about 20 minutes and it’s usually worthwhile.

This time of year the lake is at summer pool so you will need to find cuts in the vegetation to fish through. (Or wade just off the bank.) The other times of the year you can walk the rocky shoreline.

mlagunovich 05-09-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlg309 (Post 85577)
JPP; park in the lot at the end of Baker’s Grove Rd. Walk the trail, and I mean walk it! You will see water in 10 minutes, but the fishing gets better the longer you walk. Go about 20 minutes and it’s usually worthwhile.

This time of year the lake is at summer pool so you will need to find cuts in the vegetation to fish through. (Or wade just off the bank.) The other times of the year you can walk the rocky shoreline.

Thanks so much for this! Definitely down with walking if it means a better fishing day. Tight lines!

mlagunovich 05-09-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlg309 (Post 85577)

Follow up question...should I park at the Volunteer Trail parking lot or literally keep driving on Baker's Grove Rd. through the residential part? Looking at a satellite map, the parking lot is more at the beginning of Baker's near Hobson Pike. Thanks!

Tennoutdrsman 05-09-2019 01:43 PM

117 views..ya'll help him out "viewers"..:D

mlagunovich 05-09-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennoutdrsman (Post 85582)
117 views..ya'll help him out "viewers"..:D

Haha! Thanks for this! Do you have any recommendations too?

Flatline 05-09-2019 02:16 PM

Stewart Creek Boat Area on JPP is a good place

mlagunovich 05-09-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 85584)

I'm thinking of walking the bank off of the parking area here to see what I can find. Many have told me about this spot. Thanks!

Jlg309 05-09-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlagunovich (Post 85580)
Follow up question...should I park at the Volunteer Trail parking lot or literally keep driving on Baker's Grove Rd. through the residential part? Looking at a satellite map, the parking lot is more at the beginning of Baker's near Hobson Pike. Thanks!

Yes, park at the Volunteer Trail parking lot. The trail picks up right there.

mlagunovich 05-10-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlg309 (Post 85587)
Yes, park at the Volunteer Trail parking lot. The trail picks up right there.

Groovy. Seems like a nice little hike with some nice spots along the way. Hows the water in this area?

mlagunovich 05-10-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatline (Post 85584)

How's the water in this area?

Jlg309 05-10-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlagunovich (Post 85588)
Groovy. Seems like a nice little hike with some nice spots along the way. Hows the water in this area?

Rocky with no grass. The closer you get to the mouth of the cove, the steeper the drop off. 10-15 feet a cast length from the bank.

mlagunovich 05-10-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jlg309 (Post 85591)
Rocky with no grass. The closer you get to the mouth of the cove, the steeper the drop off. 10-15 feet a cast length from the bank.

Thanks!